Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Never alone with your thoughts

The beauty of writing is that there will always be readers. Whenever you're left chained inside your own mind with an overwhelming amount of conflicting thoughts, you can pick up a pen and write. Each individual life is filled with different experiences and revelations. Everyone can benefit from reading about someone else. No one is more interesting than another, yet all are equally enriching.
If there is one thing I've learned about writing, its that it solidifies each experience into a memory. Imagine being at a concert, watching your favorite band, being with every one of your closest friends and feeling a rush you've never felt before. Imagine never wanting to forget that. Go home, write about the sweat dripping from your body.. describe the exhaustion.. the euphoria. It'll count when you look back in 5 years.
Writing saved me when I was in high school. I went through a terrible break up and didn't really have friends for support. I was left to scrape myself up, alone. At the age of 16, weak and heartbroken, I find peace in the fact I saved myself. It goes to show that even when you think your world has collapsed and nothing can make anything ok.. you truly DO have the strength to survive anything.
Write. Write the good, write the bad. Write about how it feels to fall in love. If you end up heartbroken, it gives you hope to love again. Write about the ugly. Write about everything you're ashamed of being. Seeing it on paper (or in this case, a computer screen) will help you become aware and push you on the path of self improvement.

No one is handed a guidebook to life. You become the person you're going to be by absorbing every experience to the fullest. Admit your mistakes, everyone makes them. Never regret your decisions, you don't control the past. Take hold of your future and share with others things they may never experience. Help them on the path of self discovery.

Never take your mind for granted and always be mindful of its mysteriously beautiful power.

4 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I do welcome you to the blog community, I’m not that good whit words considering English is not my first language, thanks to my wife which she is my editor and my prove reader, I can express my self better every day.

    Hope you don’t mind also the pour construction of my sentences, any way I do give you the most warm welcome possible I did read your blog, and I did like it a lot. It shows how passionate you could be when writing, so keep the good work I will keep an eye on your blog and follow it if you do the same for me thanks.

    And one more think it may be not the best blog you will ever see, but I’m confident that some how you will find some thing different about it.

    my URL: http://armando-onalittlepieceofamerica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your first post and you have a writing gift. Just remember - You are young. You have years to gain experience. Write about what you have experienced and your " Now " experience. Many people take exception when a young person attempts to " know it all " at a very young age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am in the same position as you... I have loved to write forever so I can't believe I didn't start blogging sooner. You are so right about writing, for me it makes things permanent. There are times I wish I kept a record of all the little details, even the unimportant ones, because those are fun to look back on in retrospect. Happy blogging!

    Tanya
    http://roadkillings.blogspot.com
    http://timeforty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking an interest in my little blog. I think we may understand each other. You've put into words what I feel about writing down my thoughts. Writing frees, strengthens.. well you know. And it's always an enlightening experience being exposed to other people's perspectives. So write on:)

    ReplyDelete